French Language Assistant | St Kilda Road
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Mar-2021|
Wesley College Melbourne, a Uniting Church school with a rich tradition spanning 155 years, is a diverse, dynamic, coeducational learning community with more than 3,350 students aged between 3 and 18 years across 3 main campuses.
Wesley College seeks to appoint an experienced French Language Assistant to provide oral and conversational language support to small groups of students in Years 10-12. This position is based at our St Kilda Road Campus.
In making this appointment, the College seeks an individual who can:
- Assist with the development of teaching materials to improve student learning
- Provide one-one-on-one assistance for the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
- Deliver conversation classes for individuals and small groups
- Support students in preparation for oral examinations
- Support and assist teachers to develop teaching and learning programs
- Provide teachers with feedback regarding their students' achievements during small group and one-on-one sessions
- Sound communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills, including well-developed written and oral skills, and the ability to develop and deliver interpretation and education services
- Relevant computer skills - Uses a wide range of software features for word processing, MSTeams, etc. Helps others solve problems with software.
- Problem solving - Liaises with stakeholders. Analyses issues from different perspectives and draws sound inferences from available data. Identifies and proposes workable solutions
- Previous experience in a Language Assistant position desirable
- Current Working With Children Check and Criminal Record Check (or willingness to obtain one)
This position is casual and available for immediate commencement.
Applications will be considered upon receipt, and interviews may commence prior to the close date.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 2 March 2021.
Wesley College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and background checks in accordance with this policy