1st Netball Coach | St Kilda Road
|Attachments:|| 1st coach (Netball) - Position Description.pdf (PDF, 174KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2022|
Wesley College Melbourne, a school of the Uniting Church, established in 1866, is one of Australia's leading and most respected co-educational independent schools. With an enrolment of 3,400+ students from ECLC to Year 12, it comprises three metropolitan campuses in Melbourne, at St Kilda Road, Glen Waverley and Elsternwick, outdoor education sites at Chum Creek, Mallana and Lochend, a Year 9 residential campus at Clunes, and the Yiramalay/Wesley Studio School in the Kimberley, Western Australia.
Netball is 1 of 19 sports which Wesley College offers its students as part of the compulsory sport program during the Summer, Winter and Spring seasons.
The 1st Coach is responsible for the overall delivery of both girls and boys programs across our three campuses.
The College is seeking an experienced coach to provide specialist coaching services and development activities to improve and develop the Wesley College Netball Program. The successful First Coach will have the following skills:
- knowledge and experience in planning, coaching and training netball at all levels
- excellent organisational, administrative and computer skills
- ability to organise, supervise and support teaching staff and external coaches
- source coaches and provide coach education sessions for existing coaches
- provide coach / player manuals
- monitor student attendance
- facilitate preseason training and preparation of first team squads
- assist coaches in identifying talent for development squads
- conduct development squad sessions
- attend monthly Sport Directorate meetings
- liaise with Head of Sport and Campus Sport Managers
- liaise with Sport Operations manager with regard to team entries and fixtures
- attend training sessions and matches across the College during the Summer season
- oversee selection of teams and arrangements for weekly training / match schedules
Applicants should have a proven coaching history at senior school and/or club level. National Coaching Accreditation is desirable.
For further information, please contact Margeaux Lamborn on 03 8102 6291 or email email@example.com.
To apply please visit www.wesleycollege.edu.au and select Careers. Please apply via the online portal only. Applications will only be received via the College's online recruitment system via our website. We do not accept applications received via email.
Applications close 5:00pm on Monday 24 January 2022.
Wesley College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and background checks in accordance with this policy.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we'll be in touch.